When it comes to choosing a door for your garage there are several different options available in the market today, but for those who need to save some space and yet get maximum space utilization, should always go for sliding garage door.
Sliding garage doors have been used throughout ages as its compact design and wonderful options for various types of projects makes it a complete favorite.
The convenience of the sliding doors makes them a popular option on barn doors, kitchen door, storage space area and more.
How Does A Sliding Garage Door Work?
As the name suggests, sliding doors are guided through several vertical panels that are hinged together in order to turn the door around the corner.
The top end as well as bottom of the door is supported by runners and directed by a trail that direct the door’s aperturing to a storage point.
What Are the Different Types Of Sliding Doors Available?
Sliding doors and available in various options and may be considered depending upon your purpose.
They come as Bi-parting door, Bypassing door, single sliding door and Bi-folding door. The door on a Bi-parting option travels on the same track and meet each other in the middle.
An automatic technology has been installed in each of its leaf for comfortable operation. When it comes to Bi-passing door, each door slide on different panel and one leaf overlaps the other.
Bi-folding door covers the hinge and can be folded in a number of ways. You can’t find an automated process in a Bi-folding sliding door and needs everything to be done manually.
What Are the Different Types of Materials That Come In These Doors?
The two common materials found in sliding doors are wood and metal. You may also find plastic and aluminum, but are opted for specific purposes.
The most popular choices are between metal and wood as both of them offer good quality but differ drastically in their price structure.
You may also find garage door screens that play an equal role for those who would like an alternative to sliding doors. These door screens are more contemporary in nature and save you ample space.
What Are the Advantages of Using a Sliding Garage Door?
- Unlike other doors sliding doors, contrary to many believe, doesn’t take up more space which is great if you would like to use it for storage area. It neither takes up an opening area inside the garage, so you do not have to make sure that a particular zone must be maintained clear for opening the door.
- The elimination of an opening space near the door gives you great advantage of parking a vehicle or having other obstacles inches from it and still being able to open the door without any trouble.
- It is highly possible to automate such kind of doors with a remote control and a mortar and generally people do consider this advantage. If the door doesn’t lift, the advantage is that you need only a low powered motor to operate these doors.
- These doors slide along their tracks and are extremely easy to operate. The weight of the door is completely kept on its track which means that there is very little amount of effort needed to open and close. This makes it extremely convenient for people of any age or gender.
- There are numerous options in its design available in the market, so one can choose the color, style and design according to the construction of their garage.
- Most of these doors are weather treated, which means that they can withstand almost any kind of weather conditions.
Sliding garage doors are a great benefit for those who are looking for a cost-effective yet a fantastic means to save maximum garage space.
As mentioned earlier, these doors come in a variety of styles and designs so one need not worry about its selections available.