Prefab Wood Buildings-Wood Prefab Buildings Grow in Popularity
Prefab wood buildings are prefabricated and fast-to-erect wooden quality buildings for a variety of needs worldwide. ‘Prefab’ is a trend that is catching on with homes, villas and public buildings all being prefabricated off site in a factory and then transported to site for erection.
You are bound to come across prefab buildings some time or the other. They could have both personal and commercial uses.
The 1950’s and 60’s first witnessed the growth in popularity of prefabricated buildings which was mainly directed to meet educational needs. The United States also used these types of modular structures as accommodation for troops during the war.
Earlier, prefabricated constructions were manufactured to last nearly 5-10 years, however some of them have lasted plenty of years after that. Today, the stringent manufacturing process ensures that these buildings for a lifetime.
There are a rising number of architects who have been actively involved in incorporating modern designs into prefab houses. These houses are now greener and cheaper. Check out prefab apartment buildings.
With great possibilities for easier customization and a smaller carbon footprint, it has favored the world for its green credentials and three day build time. Prefab wood buildings could also have a multi-level design that is put in place using a crane. It is capable of withstanding nearly 20 floors and above.
Prefab buildings can be long-term temporary or permanent facilities. Based on the requirements you have a range of purposes for prefab buildings:
- Schools or classrooms
- Storage buildings
- Construction camps
- Military housing
- Industrial facilities
- Religious institutions e.g. Churches
- Fast food outlets
Each type of construction is not complete without a list of advantages:
1. Faster setup – With everything factory-made, construction of prefab wood buildings is 50% faster than traditional concrete buildings.
2. Eco-friendly – Products used in prefabricated supplies are environmentally friendly. Construction produces a lower amount of waste material and lower noise levels.
3. Portability – There is a possibility of transporting the entire house from one area to the other
4. Economical – Expect better deals from large scale manufacturers because of economies of scale and the reproduction of buildings from already tried and tested drawings and plans
5. Worry free – All prefabricated buildings can be assembled indoors which mean no worries of theft or elements of nature damaging products lying outside.
With lower costs and flexibility of design at your disposal, it’s no surprise that prefab wood buildings are the most popular choice for many home owners worldwide.
Filed under Prefab Wood Buildings by Robert Smith