There is no better solution for homeowners and drivers than a portable carport to protect their car from the wind, sun and rain. It’s an ingenious way to offer protection at a relatively low price.
The assembly of a carport is simple if there are one or more assistants to help you with things. You may consider a carport as a safe-house for your car, but kids let their imagination run loose and think of it as a fort, a castle, a house and what not.
Did you know that a portable carport has many other uses that merely providing shelter to a car?
Yes, metal carports have many handy uses over and above the protection of your car or truck.
It can be converted into an oversized room when the mother-in-law comes to visit. You could also use it as a huge tent, ideal for a camping trip. Mini sized carports are available that can be taken to the beach as well. But wait! It does not stop here.
There are specialized lightweight portable metal carports that could be converted into a greenhouse. You heard that right! These type of structures are ideal for newbie gardeners who love what they do but don’t have the finances to setup a full fledged structure.
Here are a few tips to help you while setting portable carports:
- Avoid mix and match – Poles designed to be fit at corners should be connected at corners only.
- Take your time – Avoid being in a hurry and push poles one inside the other. Forcing a pole into position could damage it.
- Never assemble in high winds – It’s not a wise idea to fix carport covers on a breezy day. It would just make installation difficult and cause damage to the fabric.
- Permit – A portable metal carport may require a permit to construct, based on local zoning regulations or rural location.
- Certifications – If required, carports are also available with wind or snow load certifications.
So, if you value the protection of your cars and are looking for an ultra economical solution plus versatility, portable carports is what you need. You can either be adventurous and setup it up yourself or simply call for experts who will get it standing in a jiffy.
They will also be prepared to provide you with any information regarding the purchasing and installation of carports. It is clearly evident that a portable carport can offer a little something to anybody.